Thursday, January 14, 2010

2nd day of meeting the entrepreneurs


Yesterday, the 13th of January, I visited 2 great places. The first one is Hummer Winblad Venture Partners that exclusively invests in software companies. I was able to meet the co-founder and managing director, Ann Winblad, and another managing directort, Prashant Shah. Both of them seem to have lots and lots of experiences in managing businesses and investments. We had a ‘lecture’ for about an hour in their conference room. Although I admit the ‘lecture’ was a little bit ‘high level’ for me, I’ve grasped some major terms and ideas about venture capital fund and how they operate.

The 2nd place we visited was The Exploratorium, a museum that was founded by the famous physicist Frank Oppenheimer. It’s a beautiful place full of experiential learning tools. It involves all areas of knowledge and offers tools that involve all the sense of perceptions. There were places to smell, feel, see, and even taste. I believe it’s a great place where students can learn so many things in shorter time and I recommend it to everyone who is willing to see and learn the mix of science and art.


It was also a day full of long walk. I don’t remember the last time I walked this far, but the distance was never in my mind due to the beautiful scenes and all types of people that make up San Francisco.

No comments:

Post a Comment