Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Benetech and Sierra Ventures

Around mid-day, we mate the founder and CEO of Benetech, Jim Fruchterman. Benetech is a non-profit company that creates new technology that serve humanity. They have segmented thier business in three main arenas and these are; literacy (mainly for disabled people), environmental conservation and human rights. This company does not only outsource jobs in more than 4 places outside the USA, but also are globally connected with many people as they bring huge benefits and positive difference to thousands of people around the world. The company is a non-profit, but it's managed and run as a normal corporate business, which I think gives the company a great balance.
I will definitely try to learn more about his company and possibly help them out as I share the same passion - helping a society.

After having lunch at a Mediterranean restaurant, we headed to Sierra Ventures to meet Robert Walker, the most interesting man I've met in this trip. He is the principal of the company and he seems to have a very deep knowledge about semiconductors, lightning displays, energy and generally physics. He has a very rich experience of working for other companies before he joined Sierra Ventures and it was interesting to hear his stories. Like many other successful people we met at Silicon Valley, Mr. Robert seems to be so open and curious about meeting new people.
I've mate two of the many very smart people at Silicon Valley and I've learned so much from their experiences. Thanks Brad Miller!

We had a tour around Stanford University. I really liked their bookshop, which is massive and very organized with so many types of goods including Laptops and XBOX games.

At night we had a delicios (perhaps my best in this trip) dinner in Indian restaurant with a special guest. I will talk more about him tomorrow after my stay at the Googleplex. -Very Excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment